Thursday, May 6, 2010





This is the card I made for the latest STAMPOTIQUE challenge. The theme was "Thinking Out of the Box". As soon as I heard what the theme was my first thought was of one of the images standing next to an actually box and thinking. Kind of the literal version of the theme.
I want to apologize once again to whoever is interested for not posting much at all thus far this year. I've just been in slow mode lately and for some reason I can't seem to kick it into gear. Bare with me though, I'm hoping that I will be creatively productive very soon and go back to posting at least once week. I actually had one viewer of my blog tell me that she loved my work but she really wished I posted more often. On one hand that made me feel so great that she was that interested in me and on the other hand I felt horrible that I wasn't posting enough for her. I guess what it boils down to is that this is my blog and I have to go at whatever pace I need to go at, and I can only hope that people want to continue to follow me at whatever pace I go at. Blah, blah, blah......... I'm shutting up for now.

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Shannon! I have you on my blog read, so when you do post, I always check it out. I love this darling card you have made and I like the "literal" take on it! And, yes, I love anything you make, but can understand that you post when you have time and are in the mood. I do that also - sometimes I post several times a week and sometimes once and week and sometimes less than that! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you may be slow but the quality's terrific Shannon! what a great take on the current theme. the background is gorgeous - like broken sky. on another note - I have a little thing on my blog which says "blogging without obligation" which acts as a reminder to me as well as the folk who read it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely LOVe this card and a very clever 'literal take' on the challenge....and hey it's your blog - go with the flow however that goes...xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so FUN! It really made me laugh - fantastic and brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning background and the stamps are great too of course! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WEll nothin' like a Stampotique challenge to get the mojo working. Your take on the challenge is hilarious! I love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shannon,had to laugh at your comment about STampotique. I almost did a little rant myself on my blog since the order had taken a full 20 days. What really irks me is you got no info as to processing or shipping and no contact number. I was starting to think they must be located overseas (couldn't remember from last time)and then saw it came from AZ. I'm already itching to do another order but the wait time is unbearable. Noticed they have a phone # on the stamps now. Hmmm... Looked around your blog a bit more today and WOW! Really fabby stuff. Got a kick out of the origin of your blog name. It's SaturdayVille here in Livermore too. HOW GRAND! Gonna become a follower because you do exactly the kind of stamping I aspire to. Maybe some day... No pressure though, LOL. Hey, if you're ever teaching a class my way let me know. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic take on the Stampotique challenge, I love it. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love how you thought literally on this one! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! Love the litteral interpretation! Thank you for playing along this week!
    Val!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant artwork! I love it! And don't worry Shannon, quality is better than quantity! You have been bookmarked!! BTW, I just had someone complain about the type being too small to read on my blog!! No smaller than anyone else's, they should get glasses!! :o)
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete