Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This is a card I initially started making for a card contest on the "Stemelglede" blog. They are having a contest through Dec. 6th and the two requirements are you must use only their stamps, and the other is to use the images they have shown on the blog for color inspiration. I believe this company is out of Holland but I'm not completely certain on that.

At any rate, I stumbled upon their blog one day while I was blog hopping and I just fell in love with the work the Design Team does. It's all so pretty and whimsical and very shabby chic-ish. So, when I needed that type of inspiration I would go visit their blog. They have really cool stamps as well. I actually only own one of their stamps, but I love this particular stamp I bought, it's called "Maribel" and it's a really cool image of a woman. A lot of the other stamps they manufacture have a very "grunge" type look to them. So as I was saying, I started in on this card the other day and I got so into making the front of the card that I totally forgot about the stamped image I needed to put on the front. So this particular card turned out pretty I think, but it is NOT the card I will be entering into the contest.

If you get a chance go visit their blog. I think you will agree, they have some great inspiration over there. http://stempelglede.typepad.com

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    Lovelly card you have made and beautiful colors. Hi hi i had to laugh about your story, I think I saw you sitting there...
    Have a lovelly evening.
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete