Tuesday, September 8, 2009

There is always something for which to be thankful.......


With Thanksgiving not that far off I have started to think about the holidays, what I am thankful for and all the many blessings I have in my life. It's so easy sometimes to focus on the negative, what we don't have, what has been done or not done to us and so on. I do it myself frequently, I focus on my arthritis and the pain I'm in and how at 40 yrs old I feel 80 yrs old. But it could be so much worse. I still get around on my own two feet, I'm not in a wheel chair or anything like that yet. There are people out there who have lost limbs, or who have horrific cancer, or people who are homeless, and when I think of those people I realize I have nothing at all to bitch about. At any rate, I don't mean to preach &/or get on a soap box, that was just what my frame of mind was when I made this collage.
The one thing I wanted to tell you about this collage that is kind of cool is that the base piece that you see that looks like a tin/copper square, well that is this great product I found at Home Depot. They come in sheets of 18x18 and they are in the kitchen dept. It's really painted plastic and it's for adding to your kitchen walls. They appear to be tin. But they are so great because you can use regular scissors to cut them into squares and then use them to do 5x5 collages on them or whatever you want to do. They are just great. Check them out if you get a chance. You never know what you're going to find at the Home Improvement store that's for sure.



5 comments:

  1. I really, really like this piece! And thanks for the reminder about life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those squares...I've bought them at Lowe's too! It's also a great place to buy copper wire and fittings (found in the plumbing section) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow "Talented" Shannon that is so excellent, what a fabulous art piece. I am with you Positive thinking is the best medicine. I wish things could be so different for you.:) I really feel for you my friend.Your art gives you such a thrill, you are so very special !!!!
    Love, love, love this great "art" piece.
    Created by awesome you !! Hugs, Laura.
    Did you get your Alpha Dolls yet?
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your kudos on my blog, Shannon, mostly because it led me to your blog and all the beautiful artwork here...so gorgeous! And, congratulations on all your publishing accomplishments...it takes a lot of dedication and extra work to submit but certainly beautiful eye candy for everyone to enjoy. Love your style of art and have enjoyed what I have viewed so far...I will be back soon. In the meantime, I have joined your blog followers list and extend an invitation for you to join me at mine. Just breaking for our evening dinner, but again, Shannon, thank you for your visit! Be well. Hugs, Gayle (Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shannon......I wanted you to know that I have adored your artwork for awhile now. I love seeing your pub'd work in the mags...always inspiring. I meant to email you but had a bit of a difficult summer but like your post here says, not as difficult as alot of people in the world. Love what you wrote and I always try to treasure each day and to treasure my family and all those special moments. I hope you aren't in pain today and that you are having a good day. This piece is gorgeous. I wonder why I never noticed this stuff in the home store. I love Lowe's/Home Depot, lol. Will have to see about this product...thanks for the heads up. Have a wonderful weekend. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete