Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hot, Hot, Hot here in Arizona!!


Since it's so crazy hot outside (probably 114 degrees), I decided to just play around in my art room and see what happens. This was kind of just an experiment, I didn't have anything in mind when I started, I just started playing around. I cut this woman's head from a collage sheet, added it to this background square tag and then cut long, thin strips of paper for her hair. I added some grungeboard flowers and butterflies that have Distress Inks and Stickles Glitter Glue on them along with a title, ribbon and flower for her hair and this was the outcome. I'm personally not quite sure what I think of it, but again I was just messing around with different products and sometimes that is when you stumble upon good discoveries. What are your thought on it??
I have been so busy it seems like with everything except my blog, that I haven't gotten many new posts up lately. I apologize to those of you who actually look forward to updates from me. I think before the holidays I'm going to stop joining as many swaps and obligating myself to any other projects because you end up not having time for the things you really do love working on. I love submitting pieces and projects to the various Stampington magazines and I love working on my blog and posting new pieces I've made. I want those to be my priorities after I complete everything I am obligated to before the holidays. I say this of course and then a swap or something will come along that I just have to be a part of.








4 comments:

  1. Shannon, this is a fabulous piece!
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! First, I'll be honest and say as I started scrolling down your blog I sighed and said "oh lordy" under my breath because I could already see so much scrumptiousness I suspected I could linger here a good long while. After being away yet again and slow to get back in the groove, I am way behind on everyone and vowed not to do anything else until I caught myself up on blog inspiration. So here I am and absolutely getting inspired!

    It is hot here too - I think AZ's heat latched on to my car as we drove through and got a free ride to CA and now won't leave. Well, if heat can make you "experiment" and turn out gorgeous work like this, I hope it does the same for me! This is lovely! I'm off to drool over everything else I've missed lately. Have a great weekend!
    marsha

    p.s. I have noticed in the many blogs I've visited lately that everyone feels a bit off on blogging, posting and visiting. I think it is just part of summer - causes some kind of "don't get in your groove" fever I think! Your fans take and enjoy what they can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous but to hot my friend where you are. Wow.
    Your awesome !!!
    LOVE YOUR WORK, Shannon.
    So talented, Hugs Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Shannon" the "talented Shannon",
    Where are you, I am back on line.
    Can't wait to see more of your, so awesome art !!! You the best and so creative.
    Big Hugs, Laura.

    ReplyDelete