Saturday, June 27, 2009





This is a cute little "Thank You" card I made for a friend. I was really happy with how cute I thought it turned out. I love this background paper by Scenic Route, and I'm sure you all have seen these trees made by Jolees By You for sale in Michaels or one of the crafting stores in your area or on-line? I altered this tree some by adding Distress Ink for shading all over it and I then cut out little tiny leaves to add to the tree for dimension. For some reason I have always loved this particular tree embellishment and I always keep plenty of these on hand.


I'm not sure if any of you know, but making cards was kind of my first love within the mixed media world (if you want to call card making part of mixed media). I so enjoyed and still enjoy making a card for a friend &/or relative to show them that I care. I like making cards that are far from a store bought card and look nothing like what you might find in a grocery store or in a Hallmark store. But of course over time my cards got more and more elaborate and I then got into larger collages and real mixed media pieces. But I will always enjoy making cards for loved ones. For awhile there I actually made quite a bit of extra money selling my cards. Unfortunately, after I really got into submitting my work to the magazines, working on this blog and doing swaps, I no longer had the time to keep up with all my card making. Like I always say, there's just not enough time in the day to do all I want to do artistically.


I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend filled with only joy, laughter and smiles.

3 comments:

  1. Shannon just lovely, I am sure your friend will be thrilled to piece's. You are so right nothing more special than a homemade card.
    You put a lot of TLC, to make this card and it shows.
    I can't wait to see what you will have published next !! I love your Guest designer spot in The Stampers Sampler magazine.
    Hugs, Laura. This is your year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you're work. The card is sweet. What I find amazing is how you think of little details to add to make a piece look so much more complete! When you give a friend a card, it's so much more. You know it's no less then a masterpiece. If we were to see it at your friend's home... we would ohh and ahhh and say" Wow, you have a Shannon original! Much love!
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty...I think I need to go back to the Michells and see if htey have the trees there. You did an amazing job brinigng yours to life. I've been living in an area without craft stores so now I am like a kid in a candy store and can't take it all in.

    I know your friend is going to cherrish this little jem. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete