Monday, June 22, 2009


I'm so sorry it's been a week now since I have posted. I got a little bug that was going around. I also happen to be very busy for some reason right now as well. I've said it before, there's just never enough time in the day.
This is a piece that I made for a friend who went above and beyond for me. It's called "Happy Dream" and it features a couple of Victorian dancers (who I just love by the way) having the time of their lives. I made the background paper by using bleach and a stamped image on this really dark boysenberry cardstock I have. Once the bleach has done it's work, I then colored it in with the Distress Inks in Peeled Paint, Orange Marmalade and Fired Brick. The chipboard frame around it is on foam dots to give it some more dimension.


3 comments:

  1. Shannon this is an awesome piece of art work !! I love it.
    I am sorry to hear you were sick, glad you are on the mend. I missed you big time,I enjoy seeing what you create. You have a great art style !! Glad you are back and you were missed. Happy creating and you sound busy. I think it is a very positive keeping busy time.LoL Very Best Wishes to you.
    Hugs, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely wispy piece! Gorgeous work, my dear!

    Hope you are feeling better. I sent you a long reply the other day, finally, about images. Hope you got it and it helped a little at least.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you Shannon, your great.
    Hugs, Laura.

    ReplyDelete