Wednesday, April 29, 2009


Just to give you an idea of how beautiful the desert can be, this is a photo I took from across the street last year. This was after we had gotten some snow up in the moutains and there was still some on the peaks. The next day it was the most clear, beautiful day ever. I can't even tell you how many people I saw that day out in this area taking photos of our awesome mountain. People either love or hate the desert, there is usually no in between. I of course love the desert and everything that Arizona has to offer. People who are not from this area or who have never been also do not realize that in Arizona, while you can get a lot of desert landscape, you can also get moutains, streams and lakes, evergreens, etc. etc. We have a little bit of everything here. This picture is a small demonstration of how beautiful Arizona really is.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon ! What a gorgeous shot :) I live in Victoria British Columbia Canada (Vancouver Island), so our landscape has a lot of ocean and forest. One day I'd love to visit Arizona, some of the scenery I've seen on tv and in photos is just beautiful !

    Your new blog is lovely, your header image is gorgeous !! I'm guessing you made that lovely piece of art ?
    The one and only thing I found when I came by to check your blog...it took just a little while to load, mainly because of the size of the header. Yes, there is a way to make it smaller and fit better but I forget how. I think when you go to customize your blog, you need to get to the html version and then change the header numbers.
    When I first began a blog my header was humongous, whoa ! Then I figured out how to change the numbers by editing in html. I think I just typed in 'how to make my blogger header smaller' in the internet search bar, and figured it out from there.
    Anyway, I'm another ARTchix gal --Helga's shop is about a half hour drive from us and it is such a fun shop too. You think you just need one particular item and end up with 10 different things !
    Have a wonderful day Shannon and I look forward to following your lovely blog.

    Tracy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    Just stopped by to say hello to you.
    Your blog is looking very nice.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Phoenix/Scottsdale area, although have only been there in July (I say closest to hell or a furnace I have ever been). This is a beautiful photo. How lucky its across the street.

    ReplyDelete